There are many challenges when you are facing the situation of a family member requiring help to remain in their home, but the good news is there is plenty of help at hand.
Where do I start?
Firstly, you are going to need to be referred to an ACAT assessment to determine requirements or eligibility.
Before that process begins you should contact the My Aged Care team on 1800 200 422 or via their website and you will be asked a series of screening questions to determine the eligibility of your family member for services and the kinds of services they may require.
We always recommend that you have a carer or trusted friend to be there from the beginning as support because the process can be a little overwhelming and you need to provide a full outline of the current circumstances in order for them to access the right kind of care and service.
What will they ask in the initial screening?
The initial screening questions will include the following.
- Name, address and date of birth details.
- If you are currently receiving aged care services from a registered provider or a care or family member.
- If you can prepare meals without assistance.
- If you can do inside housework and outdoor gardening.
- If you have had any recent or ongoing health concerns or injuries.
- If you are feeling lonely or isolated.
- If you have a local support network.
- If there are any issues of safety or risk within your home environment.
What can I expect next?
Once you have completed the initial screening, the operator at the My Aged Care contact centre will assign you an aged care client number and will open a central client record. If eligible for further assessment, they will arrange a face-to-face meeting in your home with an ACAT team member to determine eligibility for government-funded care. Again, we highly recommend the person being assessed has at least one support person with then during the assessment to ensure the best possible outcome.
If you would like more information about aged care, you can contact our team of experts today on (03) 9988 1242.